St Andrew’s Church
Church Lane, Eaton
Christmas is a-coming and this concert given by one of Norfolk’s most popular choirs is guaranteed to get you in a festive mood.
The programme (see below) will include a mix of seasonal music and readings – tickets £7 (adults), £3.50 (students) and accompanied children free, or click here to book in advance.
The Jay Singers have performed at Eaton on many occasions and we are delighted to be back under the baton of our conductor, Neil MacKenzie, a graduate of Clare College, Cambridge, a founder member of The Sixteen and an ex-member of the BBC Singers.
Our repertoire is diverse, spanning the centuries, and we take pleasure in delivering it with consistent care, commitment and infectious enjoyment. We’ve been delighting audiences for nearly two decades and next year we celebrate our 20th anniversary.
Here’s what we’re singing at St Andrews:
- Virga Jesse floruit – Anton Bruckner
- A spotless rose – Herbert Howells
- Es ist ein Ros’ entsprungen – Michael Praetorius
- Nesciens mater a8 – Jean Mouton
- Nesciens mater – Walter Lambe
- Quid petis o filii – Richard Pygott
- Alleluia – Eric Whitacre
- Riu, riu, chiu – Mateo Flecha
- Tomorrow shall be my dancing day – Traditional, arranged by Gustav Holst
- Lullay my liking – Gustav Holst
- Lullay, my liking – Thomas Hewitt Jones
- Stille Nacht – Franz Gruber, arranged by Jeremy Jackman
- The Infant King – Traditional Basque, arranged by Sir David Willcocks
- Christmas Kumbaya – Traditional African, arranged by Jeremy Jackman
- 3-minute Messiah – Peter Gritton